Which Tamiya Rig Is Your Favorite???

This forum is for all of our polls, whatever the topic, post it here!! Same rules apply, keep it "KID" friendly!! POLLS ONLY, please do not start regular threads or post photos unless posting photos to BUILD OF THE MONTH polls or other photo related polls. Any non-polling threads will be deleted. Instructions for posting POLLS: Click to start a new topic, then scroll down and fill in the "poll" choice boxes- then submit.

Moderators: In2Trux, semibigrigger, willsbrook, Dakota9576

Favorite Tamiya Rig??

King Hauler
56%
Knight Hauler
19%
Ford Aeromax
5%
Globeliner
14%
Mercedes Benz
No votes
Scania R470
6%
Volvo FH12 (globetrotter)
No votes

Total votes : 64

Re: Which Tamiya Rig Is Your Favorite???

Postby Roadrunner on Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I'll honk with most of you guys.
The king Hauler is by far the best looking truck out there - Tamiya cloned from a Pete - the truck of all times.
- and my first, third and fourth build!!

It's not easy being an american inspired trucker around here.
Denmark is "overfloated" by Scanias in all sorts of constructions - as you probably can imagine - being the newest and european?!

Another question would be, what the next truck from Tamiya would be?
MAN, Renault, the new Volvo FH16, the american Volvo or . . . . ?
My hope and wishes go to another american - or even aussie
Keep roadrunning

Soeren
http://www.roadrunnersrc.dk
Roadrunner

Postby CBSIMONSEZ on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:45 pm

I voted King. Why? Cause a truck isnt a truck unless it has a square nose ... and if its extended then its all the better. Some of the aerodynomic trucks of today look nice ... but not as agressive as the boxy nose of a Classic Pete or KWopper.
How much is KenWorth if PeterBilt it?
CBSIMONSEZ

Postby TRDSport on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 am

Letting everyone know I changed the voting on this poll to allow for "re-voting" and I am making it a sticky. That way our 1/1 poll, and Tamiya poll stay at the top.

Jerry
***JERRY***
-Founder- -Midwest Model Trucking-
jerry@mwmodeltrucking.com
TRDSport
Site Admin

Trucks: 4
Trailers: 7
Favorite Truck: Knight Hauler- 3 of them
Current Projects: Finishing 2 of my Knight Haulers, 2 new van trailers awaiting being built into 28' scale pups, and also construction of 2 dollies on deck.
Fleet: Right now my operational fleet consists of one Knight Hauler, and 2 custom scale 48' flatbeds. One trailer is a tandem, the other is a spread. Both are polished, with wood decks and the spread is set up with a wireless lighting system and Alcoa replica super singles. The Knight has the light kit, as well as many extra LED's installed. I also have a slightly modified Tamiya van trailer. I also own a Toyota Tundra, stock except for aluminum wheels and S/S hardware.

Postby europeguy on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:22 pm

i voted for the globeliner

1) he is my first build (and at the moment, the only one)
2) it's a not that usual face in my area

like roadrunner wrote, too much scanias round there :spit

about the new tamiya-truck...
rumours say, it's gona be a MAN TGX, some other say it's a redesign of the Volvo FH12-cabin.

I saw lots of ideas, but nothing worth more then a bunch of speculations...

Peope round in germany say, if there gona be a new truck, it will be shown at the big toy-show at Nuermberg (??)
Tamiya, expensive toys for big boys

Stefafn
europeguy

Trucks: 1
Trailers: 3
Favorite Truck: Tamiya Globe Liner =)
Current Projects: Building a garage for my truck, a pacour (200m²) and a lowboy (Trailer Nr. 4)

Postby H-town_hualer on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:08 am

i vote king due to what ive seen and i plan on my next build to be a king my first was a scania
strappin and chainin is tha way!!!!!
H-town_hualer

Trucks: 2
Trailers: 0
Favorite Truck: king baby yea
Current Projects: king hauler custom

Postby RCMAN on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:17 am

I would have to say the king hauler is my fav. cause it was the first one i bought back in 94 or 94 cant remember... but back then you could not get the mica red shown on the cover.... i actually was overseas on vacation and brought 4 cans back in my luggage so i could paint the truck to match the box... wow what an expensive paint job hehehehe so its still my favorite truck cause i went to great lenghts to paint it like the box art..... but i really like all the tamiya trucks... i currently have 2 king haulers, 2 globe liners, 2 metallic knight haulers, 2 aeromaxs, 1 scania, 2 mercedes benz 1850Ls, and a globe trotter in the mail and fixing to get the metallic scania. :blah :truckin
RCMAN

Trucks: 13
Trailers: 8
Favorite Truck: I LOVE TAMIYA
Current Projects: I have to many current projects. For now I would say i need to sand and repaint my volvo and aeromax
Fleet: I have a growing fleet. I have 2 globeliners, 2 king haulers, 2 aeromaxs, 2 1850l box trucks, 1 volvo, 1 scania, 2 knight haulers, 2 pole trailers, 1 van trailer, 1 flat bed trailer, 2 new tankers and 1 old tanker. I also have an F350, Hilux, m26 pershing tank, clod buster, bullhead, 3 m38's old style and 2 new style, 2 rc10's, 1 rc10gt, subaru, pejero, tamiya cc01 land cruiser, and a porsche 959, xr311, mammoth

Postby CaronDriver on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:10 pm

King Hauler for me.
I'm a Roadhammer, white knuckle steel gear jammer, rig jockey highway slammer.
CaronDriver

Postby 1985 kenworth on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 pm

mine is the kinghauler as it can be a pete or a kw and i made mine a kenworth w900b model just like my real one, next would be the globeliner as it too can be a kw ,international or a pete
1985 kenworth

Trucks: 12
Trailers: 14
Favorite Truck: my kw w900b kinghauler
Current Projects: cabover moving truck,kenworth w900a,transformers movie truck/trailer,knighthauler towtruck,tandem armoured truck

Previous

Return to -POLLS-