Artwork done- BIG changes coming!

MMT is a TOPCAD distributor, and here is where items will be requested and order updates made. A list of common 1/14 scale truck and trailer items, as well as items for the new hi-lift trucks will be our commonly stocked items, however we can order anything from their catalog. Responses are ok- NEW THREADS NOT PERMITTED

Moderators: In2Trux, semibigrigger, willsbrook, Dakota9576

Forum rules
This forum is only for members who are requesting TOPCAD items, or are checking on stock and order status. We ask that general conversation be limited to the other forums on the board. PLEASE DO NOT START NEW THREADS HERE.

Artwork done- BIG changes coming!

Postby TRDSport on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:29 am

Hey everyone-

Sorry for anyone who tried to access the board between 1/5 and 1/9... seems with the busy holidays I overlooked paying our webhosting bill! Anyway its all paid up now and were back. It will be hard to not notice the major changes in the look around here, this has been our biggest change since we started 3 years ago and it was a long time coming. There should be no more glitches, I ran a double update to our server and changed the entire look and feel of the board. Gone are all logos at the bottom of the board and added are an entirely new platform, retaining all forums, posts, and threads. All smileys are still retained. This also brought a few new features as well, most notably in the upper right of the board there is a small link you can click to increase or decrease text size... a nice feature for anyone who has a hard time seeing the smaller text. You will notice some of your links and tabs may be in different locations as well, but it was all in an effort to bring about an entirely new look besides our own logo on top which I have slated for replacement in the near future as well.

So I hope everyone enjoys the new look, and as always I cannot test out every function of the board after major changes... so if you notice something not working or that has a bug in it please feel free to use out bug reporting sub-forum within this forum to report these issues so that I may address them with the design team.

:truckin
***JERRY***
-Founder- -Midwest Model Trucking-
jerry@mwmodeltrucking.com
TRDSport
Site Admin

Trucks: 4
Trailers: 7
Favorite Truck: Knight Hauler- 3 of them
Current Projects: Finishing 2 of my Knight Haulers, 2 new van trailers awaiting being built into 28' scale pups, and also construction of 2 dollies on deck.
Fleet: Right now my operational fleet consists of one Knight Hauler, and 2 custom scale 48' flatbeds. One trailer is a tandem, the other is a spread. Both are polished, with wood decks and the spread is set up with a wireless lighting system and Alcoa replica super singles. The Knight has the light kit, as well as many extra LED's installed. I also have a slightly modified Tamiya van trailer. I also own a Toyota Tundra, stock except for aluminum wheels and S/S hardware.

Re: Changes 1/2012

Postby JAMMER on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Jerry I really like what you have done with the forum it really looks great keep up the good work. Ed :win
JAMMER

Trucks: 0
Trailers: 0
Favorite Truck: I LOVE TAMIYA
Current Projects: HAHA- I dont build!!

Postby glorydays24 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:36 pm

I agree, the board look's good... :thankyou Jerry for keeping the board alive buddy :spit2

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
glorydays24

Trucks: 6
Trailers: 6
Favorite Truck: "SLUMLORD" truck and trailer
Current Projects: "SLUMLORD"
Fleet: Globe Liner,(project), Knight Hauler, (project), King Hauler day cab,(project), Ford Aeromax-Box Trailer,Tanker-trailer,(project), "SLUMLORD" Knight Hauler-Tanker-Trailer, (project), Mixer Trailer,(project), Tanker-Trailer NIB.

Postby roadranger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Looks great, Jerry! :win

I like the new colors...
Jim Bruneau
Colorado Springs

2008 - My 40th year driving trucks
roadranger

Trailers: 9
Favorite Truck: 6x6 Mack Granite
Current Projects: B-Train Tanker Trailers

Postby TRDSport on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:50 am

As promised new artwork is up. I would like to thank Johnboy who designed our new truck, and I then incorporated it with a few minor changes into our new board header. I intend to always retain and work our little guy into any artwork changes in the future since it has become synopsis with MMT. So I am pleased to announce that the board is in most ways all new, refreshed and should be more user friendly as well.

Now, big changes coming up hopefully in March. I am launching the MMT Bone Yard... it will be a full function store, we will carry all our Topcad items in nice, organized categories as well we lots of new and used parts from Tamiya. I have also set up Categories for truck and trailers sales as well as radios and anything related to our hobby. Its going to be streamlined, with controlled inventories, shopping cart, and much more... no more emailing or PM'ing me for parts... now you can simply visit our store and purchase them. If they are not in stock, you will not be able to buy... except for Topcad items in which a purchase will trigger me to place an order if something is ordered that is not in stock. Also with the shopping cart feature, shipping will be figured for you (in most cases- over seas shipping may require my intervention to complete) and you will be able to pay via paypal. I am also setting it up with a printable order form for those guys who would like to send a money order. Because each item has to me manually entered- photo, stock number, description, prices etc it is going to take me a while to enter everything the first time, but as soon as I have enough products entered I will launch it in what will be our biggest addition yet to MMT.

I would like to thanks each and every one of you for your support, fun, and especially friendship... whether you be a new member or one of our longest running... I appreciate your interest in MMT and I am constantly thinking of new ways to keep everyone interested in the hobby, and the family we have right here on MMT. As always suggestions are always welcome, or just drop me a response or PM to say hello.

Jerry :truckin
***JERRY***
-Founder- -Midwest Model Trucking-
jerry@mwmodeltrucking.com
TRDSport
Site Admin

Trailers: 7
Favorite Truck: Knight Hauler- 3 of them
Current Projects: Finishing 2 of my Knight Haulers, 2 new van trailers awaiting being built into 28' scale pups, and also construction of 2 dollies on deck.
Fleet: Right now my operational fleet consists of one Knight Hauler, and 2 custom scale 48' flatbeds. One trailer is a tandem, the other is a spread. Both are polished, with wood decks and the spread is set up with a wireless lighting system and Alcoa replica super singles. The Knight has the light kit, as well as many extra LED's installed. I also have a slightly modified Tamiya van trailer. I also own a Toyota Tundra, stock except for aluminum wheels and S/S hardware.

Re: Artwork done- BIG changes coming!

Postby In2Trux on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:50 am

I like the new look. Much easier to read for this old man
Glenn AKA Ironman
In2Trux

Trucks: 3
Trailers: 2
Favorite Truck: King Hauler
Current Projects: I dont build much latetly. I'm Building a Wedico Century Class Laidlaw truck

Return to TOPCAD Products- UPDATED 06/12 NEW PRODUCTS!!