GG trainhorns

Welcome to the MMT member garage. Here is where you will find photos and stories from the garages of MMT members. From your cars, to boats, ATV's, even your lawn tools... maybe you use your garage for storage... thats ok, we LOVE photos so bring 'em on!! We are such photo junkies around here, even photos of stacks of boxes in your garage will keep us amused for hours!! Have fun...

Moderators: In2Trux, semibigrigger, willsbrook, Dakota9576

GG trainhorns

Postby Devil_Dog6154 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Will this isnt about the little trucks, but i dont know were to ask this questions. I have a set of GG trainhorns that i got from my father when he had em on his truck the vibration put a hole in one horn and messed up another but got that fixed up. it worked off the setup its on now before i mounted it on the truck but now that its mounted only one horn blows? what am i doing wrong, Im running 90psi to it do i need more? what dont make since is it worked just fine when it wasnt on the truck. i opened em up to see if anything was in the way it was clear. any ideas would be nice. sorry if this is in the wrong spot.
Devil_Dog6154

Trucks: 1
Trailers: 0
Favorite Truck: king hauler
Current Projects: The purple people eater

Re: GG trainhorns

Postby Devil_Dog6154 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:44 pm

guess no one knows.
Devil_Dog6154

Postby 1985 kenworth on Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:30 pm

are you running the air line straight through to the horns or are you using the valve that it came with to either use air or electricity.i have a set on my truck and i ran the air line right to the horns eliminating that valve because mine were not getting the full sound as with the electric i think there is a limiter in it..hope this helps
1985 kenworth

Trucks: 12
Trailers: 14
Favorite Truck: my kw w900b kinghauler
Current Projects: cabover moving truck,kenworth w900a,transformers movie truck/trailer,knighthauler towtruck,tandem armoured truck

Postby Devil_Dog6154 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:18 am

it does thanks, ill post a pic of my setup that way you can look at it.
Devil_Dog6154

Postby Devil_Dog6154 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:35 am

Devil_Dog6154

Postby TRDSport on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 am

I moved this thread to the members garage forum where it is more suited.
***JERRY***
-Founder- -Midwest Model Trucking-
jerry@mwmodeltrucking.com
TRDSport
Site Admin

Trucks: 4
Trailers: 7
Favorite Truck: Knight Hauler- 3 of them
Current Projects: Finishing 2 of my Knight Haulers, 2 new van trailers awaiting being built into 28' scale pups, and also construction of 2 dollies on deck.
Fleet: Right now my operational fleet consists of one Knight Hauler, and 2 custom scale 48' flatbeds. One trailer is a tandem, the other is a spread. Both are polished, with wood decks and the spread is set up with a wireless lighting system and Alcoa replica super singles. The Knight has the light kit, as well as many extra LED's installed. I also have a slightly modified Tamiya van trailer. I also own a Toyota Tundra, stock except for aluminum wheels and S/S hardware.

Postby 1985 kenworth on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:01 am

have you tried unscrewing the center valve to make sure it is blowing out of there fully and while it is off checking where it screws in tho the center tri piece it could be something stuck in there, it might not neccessarily be the trumpets at fault .itlooks like you have them on a pickup truck .i don't think you can run the air tank and the electric valve at the same time it has to be one or the other.if i'm correct thats what a gent told me when i installed mine on my kenworth so i eliminated the electric valve and put the line from my dash mounted train t-vavle to the air tank and from the air tank to the horns i will check with my buddy and get back to you about using both
1985 kenworth

Current Projects: cabover moving truck,kenworth w900a,transformers movie truck/trailer,knighthauler towtruck,tandem armoured truck

Postby 1985 kenworth on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:04 am

i'm looking at your setup and something doesn't look right with it just trying to figure out how you did it with the pics here.i will figure it out and help you because those bad boys are loud and i have had to use mine a few times and they are attention getters
1985 kenworth

Postby 1985 kenworth on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:09 am

it looks like you have power going to the electric valve .you have the air tank line going directly to the horns ,what are you using to constantly fill the tank ,is there a compressor inthis setup anywhere.try un hooking the air line from the valve ,plug it then put power to the valve and try that.sorry if i was near i could get it to work for you however i am going by what i see
1985 kenworth

Postby Devil_Dog6154 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:57 pm

thanks, I blew a hole in a weak spot on one of the lines so its on a hold right now. but im thinking bout just doing away with the electric part and as you said just run strat air.
Devil_Dog6154

Return to --The -MMT- Members Garage--