Which Tamiya Rig Is Your Favorite???

This forum is for all of our polls, whatever the topic, post it here!! Same rules apply, keep it "KID" friendly!! POLLS ONLY, please do not start regular threads or post photos unless posting photos to BUILD OF THE MONTH polls or other photo related polls. Any non-polling threads will be deleted. Instructions for posting POLLS: Click to start a new topic, then scroll down and fill in the "poll" choice boxes- then submit.

Moderators: In2Trux, semibigrigger, willsbrook, Dakota9576

Favorite Tamiya Rig??

King Hauler
56%
Knight Hauler
19%
Ford Aeromax
5%
Globeliner
14%
Mercedes Benz
No votes
Scania R470
6%
Volvo FH12 (globetrotter)
No votes

Total votes : 64

Which Tamiya Rig Is Your Favorite???

Postby myers4712 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:26 am

Just wondering which rig is your favorite!!! Only one favorite per person!!
Tamiya King Hauler Tricked out, Tamiya flatbed, Bruder strech Low Boy!
01 Dodge Ram HE&$ no it doesn't have a HEMI in it I want real power it powered by CUMMINS enhanced by BANKS!
86 Trans Am T-top 5.7 TPI
04 Honda Rubicon
98 Yamaha yzf600r
86 Kawasaki Vulcan 750(for sale)
myers4712

Re: Which Tamiya Rig Is Your Favorite???

Postby TRDSport on Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:59 am

Nice POLL idea Meyers... it seems not too many people are fond of the european trucks!!! My favorite happens to be the first truck I bought... and most of you know what that is!! :o
***JERRY***
-Founder- -Midwest Model Trucking-
jerry@mwmodeltrucking.com
TRDSport
Site Admin

Trucks: 4
Trailers: 7
Favorite Truck: Knight Hauler- 3 of them
Current Projects: Finishing 2 of my Knight Haulers, 2 new van trailers awaiting being built into 28' scale pups, and also construction of 2 dollies on deck.
Fleet: Right now my operational fleet consists of one Knight Hauler, and 2 custom scale 48' flatbeds. One trailer is a tandem, the other is a spread. Both are polished, with wood decks and the spread is set up with a wireless lighting system and Alcoa replica super singles. The Knight has the light kit, as well as many extra LED's installed. I also have a slightly modified Tamiya van trailer. I also own a Toyota Tundra, stock except for aluminum wheels and S/S hardware.

Postby semibigrigger on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:27 am

I'm like u Jerry and probably like most everyone else, 1st truck u build is more likely to be the favorite. I do want to build a King next, the more I see the cool ones out there.
Ken M.
ImageImage

semibigrigger

Trucks: 3
Trailers: 6
Favorite Truck: I LOVE TAMIYA KING
Current Projects: Kandy Dump

Postby In2Trux on Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:56 pm

I agree with Ken.
My first truck was the King Hauler and it will always be my favorite. I think it's b/c there is so many mods available for it.
My first KH was modifide to look like my favorite 1/1 truck, the 379 Peterbilt.
The close second would have to be the Aaromax.
Glenn AKA Ironman
In2Trux

Trailers: 2
Favorite Truck: King Hauler
Current Projects: I dont build much latetly. I'm Building a Wedico Century Class Laidlaw truck

Postby KDZ76 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:16 pm

I actually have to go the opposite of everyone else I got an Aeromax first then a knight now my King and out of all of them I have to say I like my king hauler the best
KDZ76

Postby semibigrigger on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:26 pm

KDZ76 wrote:I actually have to go the opposite of everyone else I got an Aeromax first then a knight now my King and out of all of them I have to say I like my king hauler the best

I have a feeling that when I get a King that it will become my favorite too. But my 1st will always have a special place....... :lol:
Ken M.
ImageImage

semibigrigger

Favorite Truck: I LOVE TAMIYA KING
Current Projects: Kandy Dump

Postby TRDSport on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:03 pm

I agree that there is a lot one can do to a King Hauler. I think I relate more to the Knight Hauler just because when I ran team I drove a truck that was much more similar to the Knight than the King. The smoother lines and integrated sleeper just appealed to me. I am a big fan of the Peterbilt 387, of all the aerodynamic trucks on the road that would be my favorite, but I do like the Freightliner Coronado- which is the very close build design of the Knight Hauler. But I fall in love with a nice Pete 379 EXHD, or a KW W900... so it will be easy for me to enjoy a King as well.
***JERRY***
TRDSport
Site Admin

Current Projects: Finishing 2 of my Knight Haulers, 2 new van trailers awaiting being built into 28' scale pups, and also construction of 2 dollies on deck.
Fleet: Right now my operational fleet consists of one Knight Hauler, and 2 custom scale 48' flatbeds. One trailer is a tandem, the other is a spread. Both are polished, with wood decks and the spread is set up with a wireless lighting system and Alcoa replica super singles. The Knight has the light kit, as well as many extra LED's installed. I also have a slightly modified Tamiya van trailer. I also own a Toyota Tundra, stock except for aluminum wheels and S/S hardware.

Postby tazz1975 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:57 am

ok my first was a globe 2nd was a king 3rd globe and then 4th kings twinns and now a knite hauler. and the king will allway rule in my kingdome 8-) then the globe,and then the knite 8-)
tazz1975

Postby Radiowave Trucking on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:38 am

Well, my favorite truck is currently my only truck which is the Globe Liner but I'm planning on adding a Knight Hauler to my collection sometime in the future.
Gary
Radiowave Trucking

Trucks: 2
Trailers: 2
Favorite Truck: Knight Hauler
Current Projects: Knight Hauler - Almost done!

Postby derailed on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:01 am

for me, the king is king
the reason,i can turn it into almost any truck
if i want a pete,it can be
a western star or KW, yep etc,etc,etc
i posted pics of one i did into a KW 900 series in the group
i would say the globe comes in at #2 for me
i can build it as a international,pete,or KW as well
i'm working on that now
lol
the knight makes for a great highway rig
i have 2 but didn't take my saw to them
basically they're freightliners,but i'm studying them to see what i can do to change that

glenn
derailed

Trucks: 9
Trailers: 4
Favorite Truck: TAMIYA with 3 spds
Current Projects: custom kinghauler show truck

Postby TRDSport on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Well we cant wait to see what comes of those Knights Glenn. Even though I cast my vote for the Knight, I agree on the versatility of the King Hauler. I think I chose the Knight because it was my first build, and I am kind of inpartial to it. But I have a King in the works, going to be a stretched out Pete- if I ever get the rest of the parts to finish it!!
***JERRY***
TRDSport
Site Admin

Postby Pete359 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:33 am

I woted King Hauler.
Since it is the closest to a Perterbilt :D
The legend of US trucks!
Kenneth Elvelund
IND.OWNER-OPERATOR
Rudshøgda Norway
Trucks: 1952 GMC M135 6x6 Cargo w/winch
Trailers: None
Pete359