"KISS" theme truck

Tamiya, Wedico, Carson, Robbe, Custom etc.
Discussions of trucks in general, and custom building. SEMI TRUCKS ONLY. Please see the general R/C forum for all others.

Moderators: In2Trux, semibigrigger, willsbrook, Dakota9576

Re: "KISS" theme truck

Postby glorydays24 on Mon May 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Well I installed the hinges and doors, and I wasn't happy with the results. :cry There was big gaps in places between the doors and door frames. And here is what they looked like.

So then I decided to make two new doors with modified windows. :winkbig And the gap issue isn't as bad, and i'm hoping when I make the door seals, lay down primer, paint, and clear, the gap issue will be at a minmum. :spit Here is what they look like.

Thanx for looking, Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
glorydays24

Trucks: 6
Trailers: 6
Favorite Truck: "SLUMLORD" truck and trailer
Current Projects: "SLUMLORD"
Fleet: Globe Liner,(project), Knight Hauler, (project), King Hauler day cab,(project), Ford Aeromax-Box Trailer,Tanker-trailer,(project), "SLUMLORD" Knight Hauler-Tanker-Trailer, (project), Mixer Trailer,(project), Tanker-Trailer NIB.

Postby glorydays24 on Wed May 16, 2012 12:16 am

Well I decided to make some mirrors. :woohoo I had a brain storm last night and thought it would be cool to make the mounts out of chain, and to have Peter Criss's catman eye makeup for the mirrors themselves. Here we go...

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
glorydays24

Fleet: Globe Liner,(project), Knight Hauler, (project), King Hauler day cab,(project), Ford Aeromax-Box Trailer,Tanker-trailer,(project), "SLUMLORD" Knight Hauler-Tanker-Trailer, (project), Mixer Trailer,(project), Tanker-Trailer NIB.

Postby sassgrunt on Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

You know, Big John - your creativity is both amazing AND inspiring! I love seeing how people address different areas on their unique-build trucks, and are able to pull off something that really is cool. Thank you for posting & sharing your ideas and efforts. -Mike
sassgrunt

Trucks: 10
Trailers: 5
Favorite Truck: Stretched Globeliner
Current Projects: Several in process, but NONE are finished!

Postby glorydays24 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:48 pm

sassgrunt wrote:You know, Big John - your creativity is both amazing AND inspiring! I love seeing how people address different areas on their unique-build trucks, and are able to pull off something that really is cool. Thank you for posting & sharing your ideas and efforts. -Mike

:thankyou for the kind words Mike. I've been known to be a little throwed off. :haha Now it's off to the drawing board to see what else I can come up with. :hmmm

Big John

glorydays24

Postby glorydays24 on Thu May 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Well I cut out Paul's star in the passenger door for the spot window, and I don't think it came out to bad. :spit2 Now all I have to do is put Gene's batwing makeup on the truck somewhere, and i'll have all of thier alter ego's. :scratch Let me know what you think.

glorydays24

Postby glorydays24 on Thu May 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Well I got the sleeper doors cut, :woohoo and i'm going to have to make new doors because as I did on the star, I drilled out as much as I could and then the ol' hobby knife...boy my fingers sure are sore. :cry Here are a couple of pic's.

glorydays24

Postby TRDSport on Fri May 18, 2012 9:27 am

GREAT WORK JOHN!!! I really need to get by here more often myself. I am staging to get started building again myself, I would really like to complete a lot of projects this year and I am to! I am eager to follow this build now, again- great work!!

Jerry
***JERRY***
-Founder- -Midwest Model Trucking-
jerry@mwmodeltrucking.com
TRDSport
Site Admin

Trucks: 4
Trailers: 7
Favorite Truck: Knight Hauler- 3 of them
Current Projects: Finishing 2 of my Knight Haulers, 2 new van trailers awaiting being built into 28' scale pups, and also construction of 2 dollies on deck.
Fleet: Right now my operational fleet consists of one Knight Hauler, and 2 custom scale 48' flatbeds. One trailer is a tandem, the other is a spread. Both are polished, with wood decks and the spread is set up with a wireless lighting system and Alcoa replica super singles. The Knight has the light kit, as well as many extra LED's installed. I also have a slightly modified Tamiya van trailer. I also own a Toyota Tundra, stock except for aluminum wheels and S/S hardware.

Postby glorydays24 on Fri May 18, 2012 5:44 pm

TRDSport wrote:GREAT WORK JOHN!!! I really need to get by here more often myself. I am staging to get started building again myself, I would really like to complete a lot of projects this year and I am to! I am eager to follow this build now, again- great work!!

Jerry

:thankyou so much Jerry. :winkbig And yes you need to get on the board, as I would love to see what you have planned.

Big John

glorydays24

Postby glorydays24 on Sun May 20, 2012 11:17 pm

Well this what I did tonight. I cut the letters for the "KISS" band logo, and i'm planning on building a box and mounting the logo on the front. The box will hide all of wiring...can we say 200 holes to drill??? Please let me know what you think.

glorydays24

Postby semibigrigger on Tue May 22, 2012 6:55 pm

The doors came out great John!
Ken M.
ImageImage

semibigrigger

Trucks: 3
Favorite Truck: I LOVE TAMIYA KING
Current Projects: Kandy Dump

Postby glorydays24 on Tue May 22, 2012 7:19 pm

semibigrigger wrote:The doors came out great John!

Thanx Ken, but when I started installing the doors, everything that could go wrong, DID!!! :stop

Big John

glorydays24

Postby glorydays24 on Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Wel I had to re-do the sleeper doors. I cut them out a little bigger so when the doors are open, people can see a lot more of the inside of the sleeper. Here's what i've got so far.

glorydays24

PreviousNext

Return to -TRUCKS-