Unique truck build

Tamiya, Wedico, Carson, Robbe, Custom etc.
Discussions of trucks in general, and custom building. SEMI TRUCKS ONLY. Please see the general R/C forum for all others.

Moderators: In2Trux, semibigrigger, willsbrook, Dakota9576

Re: Unique truck build

Postby semibigrigger on Sun May 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Nice work so far John!
Ken M.
ImageImage

semibigrigger

Trucks: 3
Trailers: 6
Favorite Truck: I LOVE TAMIYA KING
Current Projects: Kandy Dump

Postby glorydays24 on Sun May 13, 2012 10:46 pm

:thankyou Ken. I'm on a quest to build something you don't see everyday. :thankyou

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
glorydays24

Trucks: 6
Favorite Truck: "SLUMLORD" truck and trailer
Current Projects: "SLUMLORD"
Fleet: Globe Liner,(project), Knight Hauler, (project), King Hauler day cab,(project), Ford Aeromax-Box Trailer,Tanker-trailer,(project), "SLUMLORD" Knight Hauler-Tanker-Trailer, (project), Mixer Trailer,(project), Tanker-Trailer NIB.

Postby TRDSport on Fri May 18, 2012 9:29 am

Yes great work John!!! You get the air ride from Brian?

Jerry
***JERRY***
-Founder- -Midwest Model Trucking-
jerry@mwmodeltrucking.com
TRDSport
Site Admin

Trucks: 4
Trailers: 7
Favorite Truck: Knight Hauler- 3 of them
Current Projects: Finishing 2 of my Knight Haulers, 2 new van trailers awaiting being built into 28' scale pups, and also construction of 2 dollies on deck.
Fleet: Right now my operational fleet consists of one Knight Hauler, and 2 custom scale 48' flatbeds. One trailer is a tandem, the other is a spread. Both are polished, with wood decks and the spread is set up with a wireless lighting system and Alcoa replica super singles. The Knight has the light kit, as well as many extra LED's installed. I also have a slightly modified Tamiya van trailer. I also own a Toyota Tundra, stock except for aluminum wheels and S/S hardware.

Postby glorydays24 on Fri May 18, 2012 5:57 pm

TRDSport wrote:Yes great work John!!! You get the air ride from Brian?

Jerry

:thankyou Jerry. :spit2 And no, I didn't get the air ride from Brian. I'm a member over at rctruckandconstruction, and there is a vendor that goes by russisloud, (Russ) is his name, and a really nice guy to deal with. :drink The air ride is greatly made, and very simple to install. All you have to do is line your axles where you want them, drill four holes in each mount, sixteen in all, bolt them up, and presto, instant air ride. :gold The only thing that doesn't come with the kits are the springs, that's up to the customer on what stiffness they want. :scratch And two more things, if you want multi-axles, they are straight foward, and as you can tell on this truck, spread axles are a snap...and no more squeeky squeeky from the dampers. :stop

Big John

YOU WANTED THE BEST AND YOU GOT THE BEST THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD...KISS!!!!
glorydays24

Fleet: Globe Liner,(project), Knight Hauler, (project), King Hauler day cab,(project), Ford Aeromax-Box Trailer,Tanker-trailer,(project), "SLUMLORD" Knight Hauler-Tanker-Trailer, (project), Mixer Trailer,(project), Tanker-Trailer NIB.

Postby BigFord550 on Sat May 19, 2012 7:31 pm

where do you get the springs from? seems to be a odd size
i'm looking to use them when i start my build
BigFord550

Trucks: 0
Trailers: 0
Favorite Truck: I LOVE TAMIYA
Current Projects: collecting parts for a pete wrecker

Postby glorydays24 on Wed May 23, 2012 5:13 pm

BigFord550 wrote:where do you get the springs from? seems to be a odd size
i'm looking to use them when i start my build

BigFord550, you can get springs at your local hobby shop, or even a hardware store. But I didn't put any in mine. I have another thread on here, the "SLUMLORD", and it's pulling a tanker. Even though the trailer is heavy, I didn't use any springs. I guess it's what weight you'll be pulling behind the truck. Hope this helps, and I can't wait to see what you have planned, so post pic's please...We love pic's. :spit2

Big John

glorydays24

Postby glorydays24 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:28 pm

OK, i'm going to Indy in august, and this truck is almost ready to roll. :woohoo All I need to do is install the radio gear, and a speed control, it will just have the basics to make drivable. I got the driveshaft from PMD, and added some aluminum wheels from PMD, and added some mudflaps.

Thanx for looking, Big John

glorydays24

Previous

Return to -TRUCKS-